Thursday, September 23, 2010

One and Lonely- SuperChic[k]

It's not like they meant to hurt me 
Watchin TV, checkin Britney, televised, my guys 
Checkin out her thighs and I roll my eyes and sigh 
It's not like I even need to be competing with unreality TV, fantasy 
Not for a smart girl like me 
Some days it's hard to be a one girl revolution 


CHORUS: 
Sometimes I have good days and it's good to be me 
Sometimes I get the best of insecurity 
And it's quite alright to be the one and only 
But today I feel like the one and lonely 

It's not that I don't know beauty is only skin deep 
Just the skin I'm in, not the girl within 
But one imperfection takes away my grin 
Not that I think I'm ugly but 
Acne throws me for a backslide 
I won't go outside 
Makeup can't hide how I feel inside 
Some days it's hard to be a one girl revolution 

CHORUS 

(Oh, the one and lonely) 
We all have bad hair days 
Those nothing good about me days 
Just keep moving on cuz they'll be gone 
And we'll still be here going on 
We have our yesterdays 
No lunch cuz the jeans don't fit days 
Just keep moving on cuz they'll be gone 
And we'll still be here going on 

CHORUS: 
Sometimes I have bad days and it's hard to be me 
Sometimes I get brought down by insecurity 
And I have my days where I'm the one and lonely 
But today I choose to be the one and only 




Yea, I'm the one and only 


What a crazy-dramatic week. I don't know where I stand in some situations, but I do know that I still have a friendship that I was worried was about to disappear, and I realized that I don't need someone else to create my happiness. I need to depend on myself for that one. Hopefully I'll continue to remember that sentiment...

No comments:

Post a Comment